times, it will be possible for underage players to play representative hockey
in the age group above their own current age group. This availability applies specifically to Tyke
aged players wishing to play Novice level hockey, in compliance with OMHA’s
recent document entitled “Programming Novice and Below: Association
Availability of underage player positions will be determined by Elmvale Minor Hockey’s executive. This will be based on registration numbers for both age divisions in question (Tyke and Novice). This information can be requested from the registrar 48 hours prior to the commencement of tryouts.
Where availability exists, players must adhere to the following:
- The registrar must be notified that the player intends to tryout prior to the commencement of tryout dates.
- Tryout fees and a post-dated payment for representative hockey fees must be submitted to the registrar prior to the commencement of tryout dates.
- The player must attend tryouts for the appropriate age group in which they wish to play (Novice).
- The player must demonstrate a skill level that is within the top 75% of players being placed on the representative team (Novice). This is to be determined based on the observations and assessments provided by team officials responsible for tryouts within that age group. The percentage will not apply to goaltenders. Goaltenders will be selected for representative hockey based on assessed skill level that is above that of others trying out.
- Where successful, the underage player will be placed on the representative team for the division above their own (Novice).
- Where unsuccessful after the tryout process, the player must return to their own, age-appropriate, division for the current season. An underage player will not be rostered to the Novice Local League team unless the executive requests it based on a need to balance overall team numbers.
OMHA’s information surrounding Novice and Below programming can be found at: